2012 Social Media Statistics by Dice.com
Dice is the leading career site for technology and engineering professionals. With a 21-year track record of meeting the ever-changing needs of technology professionals, companies and recruiters, our specialty focus and exposure to highly skilled professional communities enables employers to reach hard-to-find, experienced and qualified technology and engineering candidates.
13 Social Media Factoids:
1. 85% of tech pros use Facebook (compared to 71% of all internet users) and 41% use Twitter (compared to 15% of all internet users). (Source: Dice 2011 and Nielsen 2011)
2. Brands see a 46% increase in user engagement with FACEBOOK TIMELINE.
3. In January 2012, users spent a monthly average of 405 minutes on Facebook.
4. 30% of Twitter users have an income of more than $100,000. (Source: Compete, Twitter Press Centre and BNN News)
5. Twitter’s audience is more sophisticated in terms of using technology and social media.
6. Twitter handles more search queries per month than Bing and Yahoo combined (24 billion versus 4.1 billion and 9.4 billion respectively). )Source: Compete, Twitter Press Centre and BNN News)
7. YouTube is the #2 search engine (only second to parent company Google).
8. In 2001 YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or almost 140 views for every person on Earth.
9.The Google +1 button is used more than 5 billion times per day.
10. More than 42% of Google+ users are single.
11. 60% of bloggers are aged between 25-44. (Source: Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2011)
12. Professional bloggers upkeep an average of four blogs. (Source: Technorati State of the Blogosphere 2011)
13. Tablets took just two years to reach 40 million users in the U.S. — it took smartphones 7 years to reach this figure. (Source: ComScore and SoMobile)